The main objective of this course is to develop the participants’ film literacy. During the course you will gain knowledge of formal aspects, technical aspects and narration in the field of film and visual arts, and you will learn how to create your own basic movie/animation for learning purposes.
The use of digital media in an educational environment enhances the process of learning. By integrating the film education in your classroom, you will be able to develop critical thinking and creativity in your students. In this course you will also learn about a very successful educational method – blended learning, and we will show you, how to integrate the film education and digital media in the classroom through this method.
After the course you will:
- Develop your knowledge about film components, form and narration
- Be able to recognize the Hollywood style cinema and author’s cinema
- Be able to recognize and understand contemporary film narration
- Learn how to make film analysis
- Be able to use film medium for learning purposes
- Be able to use multimedia as a part of blended learning and flipped classroom method
- Know how to create a conspectus of a lesson around a movie and where to search for appropriate examples for specific age groups
- Develop your knowledge about increasing students’ creativity and motivation through digital media
- Be able to create and edit a movie/animation for learning purposes
- Be able to enhance you communication skills in an international environment
- Exchange the experiences and knowledge with educators from different countries.